Friday, November 11, 2011

Background Basics: Circles Day Three

Hi all! Thanks for joining me for day three of the Papertrey Ink November Countdown. I've got a couple more Background Basic: Circles cards to share with you today...Here's a cool little number also featuring Winter Penguin. I started the card by stamping the open circle background strip in a color combo of Smoky Shadow, Spring Moss & Aqua Mist. I carefully staggered and stacked each layer on top of one another to create a unique border. What do you think?Here's a closer look. I then layered the penguin over the border, attached a True Black cardstock strip to the right edge and stamped the sentiment.This next card uses the same background strip stamped in a color combo of Berry Sorbet and Dried Marigold Rangers Distress Ink. Stamped one vertically and two horizontally, being careful to line up the intersecting areas.Finished this single layer card with a sentiment, pen and ink spots (stamped in True Black) from the Happy Trail stamp set.

Well, that's it from me today. I hope you've enjoyed another look into my new goodies for the month of November. Remember Background Basics: Circles will be available for purchase starting November 15th, at Papertrey Ink. I'd love to know what you think so far!!!

Now, for even more sneak peek goodness, be sure to visit Nichole Heady, Lisa Johnson & Danielle Flanders for a peek at Willow, Flower Fusion #10 & Favorites #10. Also, Dawn McVey, Beth Silaika & Melissa Bickford have peeks to share with you of their newest sets for the month.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile


Stay Cool:

Just A Note:

11 comments:

  1. Penguin card is so cute! Like the Just a Note card as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, gosh, would you look at that penguin!!!! He's sooo cute and superstylish as well, with the gorgeous circles there on his tuxedo!! :-D I love the pattern you created with those open circles, Maile! Perfect in those colors!!! And I totally adore that penguin, oeh, my wishlist is growing again, oeps! Ha ha!
    Hugs & happy day to you & yours!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The border for the penguin is very cute! Looks like he is swimming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazingly clean and simple...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, Maile! I absolutely love the graphic effect your new set emanates and it will be so versatile :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the second one! lovely colors, and the black sentiment adds so much pop to it, very cool idea!

    -rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maile :) It was so much fun meeting you yesterday, what a small world lol! I pulled out my magazines when we got home and showed hubby some of your published cards and he was a little more impressed then lol! Loving your new stamp set, especially what you've done with it here :)

    Chatting with you inspired me to get back to my stamping and to start entering contests again- yey! I'm excited to get started once my crazy holiday show season is over with my little business :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You completed a number of fine points there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did a search on the subject and found mainly people will agree with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I blog frequently and I truly thank you for your information.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This article has really peaked my interest.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS